Monday, December 21, 2009

Eight Weeks

Man, the time is just FLYING by right now. Do you think that it’s because of the crazy busy holiday season, or am I just getting to that age where time flies by? I don’t want to be there yet...I’d like to savor this time a little better. Well, to be perfectly honest, I’d like to skip this stage of pregnancy and get to the part where I have energy again. You know, enough energy to stay awake past 9 o’clock...LOL!

So here I am in week eight. According to my weekly updates from my baby is now about 5/8 of an inch long, which would put it right at the size of a kidney bean. Since the hands and feet made an appearance last week, there are webbed fingers and toes this week, along with eyelids covering his/her eyes. Its little lungs are developing and its “tail” is almost gone. There are now elbows and knees, and the arms and legs can bend at these joints. At the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with each other, forming the first neural pathways.

That’s a lot going on, huh? That’s good to hear, because I feel like I’ve grown a little more this week and I feel better about that growth knowing that SO much is going on down there right now. I don’t know why, but it does make me feel better. does warn me that my bra might be getting snug and I will probably experience fatigue this week...ya think so? I’m headed towards bed earlier and earlier each night, and it’s getting so comical that B is really starting to make fun of me! I was amazed and made it through a movie this weekend...which meant that I didn’t go to bed until almost 11! That was a late night for me lately. It just kills me since 11 used to be my normal weekly bedtime...

So here are the belly shots for this week. There’s a little less room in those pants if you ask me!
See how I'm starting to round out a bit?

Our other excitement for the week was going in for our first doctor’s appt. This was a new doctor for me, and a first time experience for B – he wasn’t really sure about staying in the room during the whole appointment, but he was a trooper and did great! We did get to do a sonogram while we were there, which was SO cool (I didn’t get to see my daughter at this early stage) and you could actually see the heart beating. The Dr turned the sound on so that we could hear the heartbeat, and that’s all that B has talked about the rest of the week! We really liked our choice in Dr and feel completely comfortable going forward that she’s going to take excellent care of me throughout my pregnancy. She gave me my marching instructions, and doesn’t see me again for 6 weeks.
I'm trying to get the sonogram pics uploaded, but blogger doesn't like my file format...I'll keep working on it and post the pics of our "peanut" soon!

That’s about it for this week. Hopefully after the madness of this week things will slow down, my energy level will spike back up and I’ll be able to work on this blog a little bit more. My project at work got delayed a bit, so that should free up some mental capacities for blogging at the least! Until next time...

No comments: