Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Six Weeks

Here is an update on where we are with our pregnancy. We’re officially 6 weeks along, and I’m feeling ok. I’ve had a few moments of stomach “unease” but other than that have experienced very few pregnancy symptoms thus far. Yes, my boobs are still sore, but getting better.

And I’m loving the fact that I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat! I’m that person that takes 30 minutes to fall asleep at bedtime each night, nearly hitting my dear hubby in the head because 2 minutes after we quit talking, he’s snoring! So I’m loving being able to drop off...of course, I could do with a little less weariness and dropping off during the middle of the day! J

I’m Six Weeks Pregnant, with 238 days to go.

This week’s major developments – The nose, mouth and ears are beginning to take shape. If I could see into my uterus, I would find an oversize head and dark spots where the eyes and nostrils are beginning to form. The ears are emerging and are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head. The arms and legs are just tiny protruding buds. The heart is beating about 100-160 times a minute, which is twice as fast as my own. The intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will form lungs has appeared.

Right now, my baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.

As far as what I can expect from my body this week? Nothing new here...just a bit of moodiness will begin to descend. The update from BabyCenter.com actually tells me that I shouldn’t worry if it seems like I’ve developed a bit of a split personality – feeling moody one day and joyful the next. They even mention “ricocheting emotions” which kind of scares me...I mean, what female doesn’t have that normally? And it’s going to get worse?

Man, I hope that B really knows what he’s in for! Haha. Just kidding. Of course he does!

So here are the promised belly shots...this is me at 6 weeks. I took several, since I wasn't sure how to present these...here's one with my pants at normal level...
Then one with my pants pulled down to show my "belly"
And then one to show what room I have left in my pants...for now...
Is it normal to already feel fat? I remember feeling that way around 7 or 8 months along last time...but not this early! Man, I guess it’s true what they say about your body remembering what to do the second time around...quite a scary thought for me!

No comments: