Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Seven Weeks

Today I enter my 7th week of pregnancy...231 days to go...I’m excited to make it this far and have experienced a LOT of changes this past week. Not so much in my size, but lots of changes in mood, personality and overall how I feel.

First, we’ll hear what babycenter.com has to say about this week. They tell me that my “baby” has doubled in size, although technically still in the embryo stage...the hands and feet are emerging from the developing arms and legs, although they don’t resemble arms and legs at this point! The tail is still visible right now (if you could see inside) but will disappear with a few weeks as that part develops into the end of the tail bone. My baby is the size of a blueberry, which is double the size of last week (which was a lentil bean, if you remember!).

As far as changes to my body, babycenter doesn’t really focus on anything other than the nausea that it claims 75% of pregnant women experience. From my own experience when I had my daughter, this was a constant presence with me, although if I remember right, it started about a week or two later for me the last time. And I didn’t have morning sickness, I had all day long sickness...so I’m hoping to avoid that this time around. So far, it’s been touch and go. There have been a few days this past week where I have felt nauseous and experienced a loss of appetite, but for the most part I’m able to control it with saltine crackers and lemon drops.

Did you not know about lemon drops? I’ve had several people swear by them...and I’m not really sure how they work, other than it gives you something else to focus on other than how much your stomach is rolling! :)

The other thing that babycenter recommends for this week is making your first ob/gyn appointment. I’m one step ahead of you guys on that one...I don’t go until next week, but I’ve hopefully got my doctor and hospital all lined up. Yes, this is a new doctor for me, as I still travel down to San Antonio for my yearly checkups to see the Dr that delivered my daughter. It’s a little bit of a drive, but I loved him...and didn’t want the hassle of finding a new doctor until it was time. Well, now it’s time!

Babycenter, and many other blogs out there talk about the options that a woman has these days for her birth choices. While I don’t want to go into that whole debate right now...I really don’t have the energy...I will admit to being a hospital mommy. There is a brand new hospital built about 5 minutes away from our house, and I selected my OB/GYN based on the fact that she delivers at that hospital. Don’t hate on me, please. We each have our own thoughts and opinions about this process...I firmly believe that it should be about what YOU are most comfortable with, and this is my choice.

What babycenter doesn’t talk about? I’m tired. SO incredibly tired. I can’t even muster the energy to decorate my house for Christmas. Total Scrooge, I know. I’m going to do it this weekend, I promise, but I just don’t have the energy to do it after working all day. Even though I’m behind a desk all day long, not on my feet or anything, I’m pooped when I get home. B laughs at me because he claims that we’re getting into bed earlier and earlier each night...I think last night it was a record – 8:40pm. And I took a two-hour nap when I went home early from work! I’m crying more...dreaming more...a “little” more sensitive to be around some days...and my patience is stretched thin. I don’t attribute all of that to being pregnant, but I’m sure that it doesn’t help.

I’ve got a big project at work coming to a head (hopefully) at the first of the year, so I’m working non-stop between now and then and the stress level at work doesn’t help my mood much. I keep trying to tell B that I would be this moody even if I wasn’t prego, but I’m not sure that I believe me either! LOL.

Ok – here’s some belly shots for you...yes, I was too tired to take them last night, so I’m a day behind on posting this...forgive me please. If I remember right, this tired phase passes in another month or so...I really can’t wait for that day! See, not too much change. Don't get too excited about that bump you see...unfortately I already HAD that bump!
I've still got a little room in my pants, although some days it feels like that small space is rapidly disappearing...at a MUCH faster rate than I remember from before!

I’ve been really curious how my body will react to the second pregnancy. Does it remember what it was like and what it needs to do? Therefore, will I show earlier this time than last? Any experienced moms out there to answer that question for me? I feel like I’m bigger at this point now than I was at this same point in my first pregnancy...just wondering if I’m alone in that thought...

No comments: