Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Eleven Weeks

Wow. I can’t believe that the end of the first trimester is really in sight...seems like just yesterday when I was just finding out that I was five weeks pregnant and here I am now nearing the end of my first trimester.

According to babycenter.com my baby is now just over 1 ½ inches long and is about the size of a fig. Even though an inch and a half doesn’t sound like much, the baby is almost fully formed. The hands will soon begin opening and closing into tiny fists, and tiny tooth buds are starting to appear under his/her gums. Some of the bones are beginning to harden and the baby is starting to kick and stretch. These movements will become more frequent as the body grows and becomes more developed and functional.


One depressing thing that came up is that babycenter.com said that although the baby is starting to move around quite a bit that it would be another month or so before I start feeling those movements. Bummer. I was really thinking that I was about two weeks away from feeling the baby’s movements. I’m anxious for those moments for now...I just remember how calming it was feeling my daughter move around regularly. It made me think that everything was ok and going all right as long as she was moving around like normal. So I’m a little impatient for that to start.

On the good news front, I’m feeling less and less tired. I’m starting to get back to a more “normal” schedule, meaning that I’m not falling asleep on my feet at 8 o’clock at night. I feel like I have more time to get things done (hmmm...so then I should be posting more, huh?) and am enjoying my evenings a bit more.

On the bad news front? The nausea is getting worse. Thus far I’ve been lucky enough to just have nausea and no actual vomiting, but there are days when it’s just all that I can do to keep what I’m eating down. And other days when I force myself to eat the barest of meals just so that I’m getting nutrients. With that being said, I’m eating a lot of peanut butter crackers for dinner at night. And just like my last pregnancy, my nausea typically doesn’t start in the mornings...usually sometime around noon or my evening meal. So that’s been just lovely.

Other than that, things are good. I go in for my pre-screening and another sonogram next week and then have a doctor’s appointment later on during the month. So I’m just trucking right along...next week I’ll be sure to include some belly shots of my ever expanding belly (just kidding, it hasn’t changed that much!). I’m eating what I can...keeping it all down (for now – cross your fingers that it stays that way!)...and watching my little bump grow a bit each week. More to come soon!

No comments: