Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

13 Weeks

Whew! Breathe a big sigh of relief...I’ve made it to the last week of my first trimester! Next week is a big milestone for any woman who’s pregnant and I can’t wait to pass that mark.

Here’s what babycenter.com sent me this week about what’s going on – As you start to begin your second trimester, most of the baby’s critical development will be completed and your odds of miscarriage drop considerably. (Yea!) Fingerprints have formed on your baby’s little fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her thin skin (which validates what I thought that I saw on the sonogram) and her body is starting to catch up with her head. The head still makes up about a third of her body size now. If you’re having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries (this just AMAZES me!). Your baby is almost 3 inches long, about the size of a medium-sized shrimp and weighs nearly an ounce.

As far as changes in my body, babycenter.com tells me once again that the risk of miscarriage drastically drops during this last week of my first trimester. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside. And if the ease of those symptoms wasn’t enough good news for the week, they also tell me that many couples also notice a distinct libido lift around this time. And even though birth is still month away, your breasts may have already started making colostrum, the nutrient-rich fluid that feeds your baby for the first few days after birth, before your milk starts to flow.

So there are lots of changes coming my way. Which I think is just a recurring theme for the next months...and since the theme is change, here are some new belly shots for you. I know that I’ve been doing the pictures every other week, but it seems like action is finally happening and weekly shots might be called for now. Check it out... (Sorry for the massive zoom/crop on the pics...I forgot to set my zoom in on the camera before I took the pictures, and then they just looked funny since you could see me holding up my boobs...I don't know why it bothered me, but it kind of did.)

So what do you think? I didn’t do the normal picture where I’m showing how much room I still have left in my “normal” jeans – because there is NO MORE ROOM in my normal jeans! Haha! I can still wear them, but like I mentioned to someone the other day, when I sit for long periods of time in them, they get pretty uncomfortable. So I’ll be making the transition to maternity pants here shortly...which is exciting.

Mentioning which, I’ve been on several shopping “trips” for maternity clothes recently...I need to do a fashion show and take some pictures and post them. Maybe that’s something that you can look forward to seeing next week...Talk to you then!

No comments: