Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Ten Weeks

Well, it’s been a while, I know. I’d apologize, but there has just been too much between work, holidays and feeling like I was hit by a truck these last two weeks to do much posting. You’ll have to forgive me...but here I am, with an update for week 10.

Here’s what babycenter.com has to say about where I am in my pregnancy right now...for week nine, the baby was the size of a Grape, and this week, I’ve progressed to a kumquat. Now, for those of you like me, who might need a little lesson on what a kumquat is or what size that actually would be here’s a picture from my favorite friend – Google. Because yes, kumquat is googleable!

source

A kumquat is a small fruit that grows on a bush like a lemon or lime...but is a bit smaller I think, since babycenter.com says that the fetus only measures a little over an inch from crown to bottom. It weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, but has already completed the most critical portion of its development. (On an aside, YES it really bothers me to call the baby an it...but it’s less troublesome than typing out him/her all the time!) On a more exciting note, there are no more webs between the developing fingers and toes, and little nails are beginning to form on the fingers and toes. There is also a fine amount of peach-fuzz beginning to grow all over the skin this week.
This is super exciting for me. It seems like SO much is going on down there right now, and I just can’t wait for the movements to start. I know, I know...it’s kind of like wishing for the baby to walk. Once it happens you’ll regret wishing for it on one hand and cherish it on the other. It’s the same way with the baby’s movements – you’re so excited for it to happen and then after several months those little kicks and nudges can get to be semi-painful...but for right now I’m still looking forward to it. And if I remember right that’s somewhere around week 12-14...so I can’t wait!

Here’s the promised belly shots: As you can see, I’m rounding out and filling in nicely...there used to be a bigger "dip" around my belly button, although I could say that it’s happening a bit faster than I’d like to see! It doesn’t really bother me to the point of obsessing over my weight or losing sleep at night about it, but at the same time with a second pregnancy it’s hard not to compare it to your first pregnancy. Things are different this time around, that’s for sure! As you can see, I can still fit into my non-maternity jeans, but I have taken to wearing the Be Band (the Target version) with all of my dress slacks for work. I did get two pairs of dress slacks with elastic in the waist for Christmas, so I can’t wait to try those out! Maybe this week I’ll start wearing them. I haven’t started shopping for maternity clothes yet, but I can tell that that big event is coming soon...

I’m feeling okay. Not great. Not horrible. Just okay. I have noticed that my fatigue has really lightened up in the last two weeks, I’m now able to stay awake past 9:30pm – Woo Hoo! But the nausea is just not letting up yet. I’m lucky that it’s not an everyday thing just now...so that’s good. But when it’s here, MAN is it HERE! At least it’s not here each day so that I get a good day or two of eating in between a day or so of not eating much more than crackers. My sweet tooth has come back a little bit, but on the rough days, I definitely crave saltier things over the sweets.
I’ll try to do better now that the holidays are over and get back to posting these on Friday/Saturday like I’m supposed to...but I make no promises! Take care until then!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Your belly shots are too cute! I love reading along about your progress and glad to hear you are having a happy pregnancy!

Jessi said...

Cute little belly! I always cannot wait to feel those movements. It's probably coming soon since you're so tiny. I was tiny too and felt the first movement at 13 weeks!