Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Twelve Weeks

Wow...where has the time gone? Seems like just yesterday that I was posting as a newly pregnant woman...now it’s old hat! And here I am finishing out the first trimester...so exciting for me. And B, of course! We can’t wait for the next few changes to come our way – starting to wear maternity clothes, my belly rounding out, and feeling those first few movements.

So many other blogs that I read seem to be women who have been pregnant and they’ve all had their babies in the last two or three weeks. Which is probably not helping my impatience...

Here is an update on where I am with my pregnancy, according to babycenter.com: The most dramatic development this week is reflexes. My baby’s fingers will soon start to open and close, along with toes curling, eyes clenching and mouth making sucking movements. Babycenter.com says that if I poke my abdomen right the baby will squirm in response, but that I still won’t be able to feel it. The baby’s intestines are growing rapidly and the little kidneys are starting to produce urine. From head to rump, the baby measures just over two inches long (the size of a lime) and weighs about half an ounce.

I can definitely see a difference in my belly this week. I’m starting to “pop” in my normal clothes, though nothing really apparent just yet. I can tell a difference, and people who know me well could tell if they really looked, but strangers passing me on the street can’t tell that I’m prego quite yet. Here’s some belly shots for you, as promised...
As you can see, the top of my stomach is starting to round out a bit, and I’m quickly running out of extra room in my regular jeans! I think that I’ve got about two weeks left of wearing these...without my belly band. Then I’ll need to make the big move to maternity clothes.

It amazes me that my shape is changing regardless of how little I seem to eat some days. I’ve been plagued with a bit of troublesome nausea...and babycenter.com warned me this week that heartburn is coming next. Oh joy! Just kidding. I’m feeling better, LOTS more energy than I’ve had in the past few months, and I even managed to stay up past 11 o’clock a few nights this past week. That’s a big change from going to bed at 8:30...

I have noticed that my nightly trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night have made a regular appearance this week. I’m not one of those girls that normally can’t make it through the night without going to the bathroom, so getting up in the middle of the night to pee is not a familiar thing for me. But I’m adjusting quickly to that as well.

That’s about it for now...I’m just trucking along, growing day by day...and enjoying every minute of it.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?