Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Eighteen Weeks

Another week flew by faster than I could have ever imagined…now that I’m feeling better and have more energy, I’m more active again. I want to get out of the house and do things…which means that my weeks are really starting to fly! Of course, working full-time, being pregnant and starting on some home re-model projects might do that to anyone!

So here we are at eighteen weeks. Babycenter.com tells me that this week my baby is 5 ½ inches from head to rump and weighs almost 7 ounces. That’s about the size of a bell pepper to put it into perspective, for you. His blood vessels are visibile through his thin skin and his ears are now in their final resting spot (even though they’re still sticking out a bit). A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he’s born. If you’re having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you’re having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

A bell pepper is MUCH bigger than the lemon that I was at what was it – two weeks ago? Man, no wonder I feel like I’m down to just a handful of non-maternity shirts that I can wear!

I’m feeling good…eating more, and starting to be hungry right before bedtime, which seems to be a common “problem” of other pregnant women that I know. I still get a little queasy after I eat, especially if I eat too much, but sucking on a peppermint/lemon drop/left-over conversation hearts seems to do the trick.

I had my first official “craving” this week…for ginger ale. And it was SO overwhelming that I had to stop on my way to work and pick some up…even though that made me run about 10 minutes late. But here’s the kicker – I don’t drink ginger ale. At all. So this was a little out of the ordinary for me. I don’t remember having any strong cravings while I was pregnant with my daughter, so this was really weird for me to experience.

Here are this week’s belly shots. Word of warning – the non-maternity shirt that I’m wearing happens to have a high waist and really made my belly look large yesterday…several people commented on how much I was starting to show! But then once the shirt is raised for the second shot, you’ll see that my belly isn’t that much larger…I’ll let you be the judge.
So that’s about it. We plan on starting some great re-modeling projects around our house this weekend, so I’ll be sure and start posting about that stuff soon. I’m really embarrassed to post any before shots…the walls are just white…and the carpet is REALLY bad…but we’ve all been there. Wish me luck with the painting (with open windows and B doing most of the work!) and I’ll let you know how it goes next week.

No comments: