Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Wanna Know Something?

The other day I was reading my babycenter.com update online since for whatever reason the weekly email didn’t reach me like normal and I read that it’s a great time to start talking to your baby. That it helps build the bond growing between mother and child.

Huh. I didn’t know to start this early...in actuality, I’ve been talking to my “bump” for several weeks now. Ever since I knew that I was pregnant actually, so up to now it’s just been wasted breath.

Is that kind of like talking to your husband when the game is on the tv? Those are wasted words too...I’m just saying.

Anyway, back to the point. So I read that yesterday, or the day before, whatever. And this morning, while driving to work and singing along with the radio at the top of my lungs (like normal) I happened to glance at the car next to me in traffic. The guy is staring at me. Like I have two heads or something. I’m guessing that either my facial expressions gave it away that I was singing along, or we were tuned in to the same radio station and he was getting a good chuckle.

I’ve been this way my whole life, it’s nothing new. Singing in the car while I drive is as natural to me as breathing is. I just do it, there’s no conscious effort happening on my part. Which means that I sing in the car at times when maybe I shouldn’t be quite SO obvious about it...like when you’re stuck in the morning commute to work.

But like a bolt of lightning out of the sky, it hits me. I’m no longer just singing to myself...I’m “talking” with my baby. Building the bond between us. So you know what Mr. McStares-a-lot in the next car over? Get a good look. Laugh real hard.

I will no longer feel like an idiot when I get caught singing along to my radio.

I’m bonding with my unborn child. I’m being a good mother. Deal with it.

Of course, I probably still LOOK like an idiot...LOL!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Lol this was so funny! I do that too! Choreography is often included!! Thanks for sharing!