Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Sixteen Weeks

Sixteen weeks. Four months. It’s weird to think that I’m already halfway through with this pregnancy. Some days, believe me it does seem to just creep on by...and other days it’s passing right before my eyes like I’m watching someone else do it.

Yesterday was V-day and B took me out for a dinner in town, and I had the chance to get all dressed up. I actually wore a DRESS...heels and a cute bolero jacket to keep me warm. Of course, all of that was covered by my long, heavy winter wool coat since it was freezing after dark last night in Austin and SOOOO windy! But it was a nice change for us, and very sweet of him to plan all that out by himself. I knew nothing about the evening, just that I needed to be ready to leave the house at 6:30pm and that we had reservations somewhere at 7pm...I love it when he surprises me like that!

It being a holiday weekend, it actually was a VERY busy weekend for us...the busiest that I’ve had in at least a month or so. I’ll tell you all about it in another post...just know that I’m worn out...could sleep for a whole day, but since I’m honest I had to admit (with lots of grumbling!) that I wasn’t feeling bad enough to stay home!

According to babycenter.com, here’s what’s going on with little Ziggy. (More on that later – but just know that I haven’t settled on Ziggy yet...B likes to call it Rufus or Bocephus)
Babycenter.com says that we need to get ready for a growth spurt: in the next few weeks your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. This week he’s about the size of an avocado – 4.5 inches long and 3.5 ounces in weight. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect that it has been and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are also closer to their final position as well. The patterning of his scalps has begun, even though his locks aren’t recognizable yet. He’s even started to grow toenails. Your baby’s heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as he grows.

So that’s a LOT of changes! I don’t know if it’s just me, but for something that’s only 4.5 inches long, 25 quarts of blood seems like quite a bit...but since I don’t really like to hear about blood and guts, maybe I’m a little off in my thinking. Still it amazes me to read about these changes from week to week. So much is happening inside me right now...and I still can’t feel any of it.

The good news is that babycenter.com did finally say that starting this week, I could possibly feel movements. There have been a few times here and there over the past two weeks that I’ve thought that I’ve felt things, but since they’re isolated events with no repeat “performances” I have to say that I’m mistaken. But the article that I read said that most women feel the first movements (or quickening) between weeks 16-20...so any day now. I’m SO looking forward to that time.

Here’s my belly shots for this week. I continued the shirt down shot, since I think that it shows more of my “bump” being in normal clothes. I should have taken a shot of my in my dress last night...there was definitely something to see then! But I was exhausted from our weekend, and it took all that I had to get dressed up and go out for dinner...so no dress up shots. Next time, I promise.

Talk to you soon!


No comments: