Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

I have a confession to make…


Please, pretty please, don’t hate me for it…

My Christmas tree isn’t up yet.

And I have three kids.

Yeah, no Mom of the Year award being given to me this year! I meant to get it up one night last week. Really, I did. And to give Brent his credit, he did get it out of the storage unit last week. But it’s still in the garage.

I just didn’t have time last week. Between getting stuff ready for Jenna’s Christmas party and our weekend trip to my Dad’s house for our Christmas with them…time got away from me. So I promised myself and everyone else that we would leave early and get home in time to put up and decorate the tree last night.

Yeah, that didn’t happen either.

So I’ll try again tonight. Maybe today will be my day. I mean, I’ve only got 4 more days…surely one of these will work?!?!

We did the same thing last year…I was pregnant and feeling bad all the time, so the tree went up the week of Christmas. I swore that I’d never do it that way again…but here we are…

Anyone else running behind? The good news is that I’m done with all of our shopping as far as I can remember…gifts just need to be wrapped. But what’s the fun in wrapping if you don’t have a tree to put the gifts under?!?!? Maybe tonight…wish me luck!

2 comments:

Brandi Hudack said...

I wish I lived closer and I'd come help you :)

Pamela Fagan Hutchins said...

It's the spirit in the heart that counts. Don't beat yourself up. You're a busy lady!