Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Want to "Shred" with Me?

Anyone else feeling the strain of one too many sweets...over the holidays...or the past 6 months?  LOL!  That's how I feel right now, and since I don't really have an hour to dedicate to the gym right now - that little guy sure keeps me on my toes! - I had to look for another alternative. 

That's where this lady comes in the picture...
Yep, Miss Jillian - self-titled TV's toughest trainer.  I don't know about that, but I can say that I remember how other brides raved and raved about this workout back when I blogged about our wedding.  So, for $9 at my local Target, Jillian and her 30-Day Shred came home with me.  I figured that although an hour is next to impossible to come by (unless it's after 8:30pm, and who wants to work out then?!?) I can scrape together 20 minutes each day fairly easily. 

At least that's the plan.  And if I understand the concept correctly, I do 10 days on Level 1, then 10 days on Level 2 and finally moving on to the last 10 days on Level 3.  In theory this sounds simple enough...but that was before I actually played Level 1 on my trusty DVD...and couldn't do all the reps of each round!  Oh what a wimp I've become! 

Despite my thighs feeling like jelly now and my arms actually straining to hold my wrists up while I type up this post...I'm pushing on.  And since no one likes to "shred" alone, I ask you - Who Wants to "Shred" with Me?  Anyone?  Anyone?  We can be bloggy workout buddies and keep each other motivated to continue through what I'm sure will be 30 days of hell.  After that, maybe it won't be so bad.  Maybe...

So who's with me?  I started today...but could totally take a break and let someone "catch up" with me so that we could continue together...

1 comment:

Brandi Hudack said...

Oh man I need to do it. I have started this video so many times but always quit after a week or so. It really is much harder than you'd think. I'd be up for joining but with vacation this week I don't think I'm willing to start until Sunday or Monday.