Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Twenty-One Weeks

So...I’m running a bit behind on this post...I know this. You don’t have to point it out to me. You see, I worked REALLY hard over the weekend trying to fix the wireless internet at the house so that I could blog not on the actual desktop computer – apparently I “hog” the computer when I’m at home and no one else EVER gets to use it...so I tried like crazy to fix the wireless internet router thingy and didn’t have any luck. The good news is that I did write them, I just couldn't upload them...but I hogged the computer once more late last night, so you'll have plenty to read this week!

I was productive enough to crank out a few wedding posts, but the baby blog fell behind...oh well. This is what happens when you’re five-and-a-half months pregnant, work full time, and spend most of your weekends remodeling your house...

But I did take the pictures on time, so at least they’re accurate! Yea for me! I’ve hit 21 weeks...which puts me just starting the second half of this pregnancy. Some days the time seems to be flying by (like when I say that I’m 21 weeks) and other days I feel like I’ve been prego forever...I guess that’s the fun of pregnancy.

According to babycenter.com, my little baby boy weighs about three-quarters of a pound now and is approximately 10.5 inches long, which puts him the size (in length) of a carrot this week. They go on to tell me that I may soon feel like he’s practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges – no joke, really?!? (I think that I had already figured that one out, thanks!) They tell me that I may also discover a pattern to his activity as I get to know him better – I can already tell that he’s a stinker...he plays the most when I try to go to sleep at night! In other developments, your baby’s eyelids and eyebrows are now present.


So...to sum it all up...I’m still baking. Not done yet. Although every time that our cousin Kaylie (who’s 4) comes over, she asks me if the baby is still in my belly. Hmmm...can you SEE my belly?!?! That’s what I feel like asking, but instead, I just smile and say yes. Kiddos. She’s cute, and it makes me laugh.

Here’s my belly shots for the week...


And in case you still feel that I’m on the small side, I had my VERY FIRST stranger ask me when I was due the other day on the elevator. Now, granted this woman had three kids of her own, so if anyone knows another pregnant woman by sight then it would be her. But still, I was flattered to be showing well enough (but still just a little bit) that a complete stranger would ask me about my pregnancy. Maybe it’s rounding out a bit more and doesn’t just look like I’ve put on weight! That would be a good thing...

As far as how I’m feeling? Good, but tired. Really tired. Like my bones ache tired some nights. I know that it’s probably related to all the things that I’m trying to keep up with and help with around the house and all of our projects, but I promise that I’m not overdoing anything. B is VERY protective of what I “can do” since being pregnant impairs more than just my body sometimes...apparently it makes me kind of scatterbrained and I might not be using the best judgment at times on what I can do and not do. Since he’s technically a “first-time dad” I’m trying to let a lot of it slide knowing that he’s looking out for me!

Mentioning scatterbrained, guess who’s forgotten to take her laptop back to work with her two times in the last week? If you guessed me, you’d be right! And neither time was it a I-just-left-the-neighborhood-let-me-turn-around-and-get-it kind of thing. Heck no. It was more of a walking-into-my-office-and-wondering-where-the-hell-did-my-laptop-go? kind of thing...yeah, funny for you...not so much for me.

Other than being tired, I’m feeling good. Most of the ligament pains and twinges that I had a lot of during the first few months of pregnancy have disappeared so that I’m not in pain each and EVERY time that I stand up if I’ve been sitting for a while. I was NOT unhappy to see those go bye-bye...and my nausea seems to have taken a leave of absence for the time being too. I don’t want to jinx myself or anything, because there are still days when I don’t have much of an appetite, but for the most part it seems to be LOTS better.

Ok, I think that’s it. Especially since the week is technically half over (in regards to my pregnancy weeks) already! Catch you later!

No comments: