Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Twenty-Two Weeks

Oh wow. It’s Monday again...which means that once again, I worked too hard over the weekend, lost track of time and forgot to schedule this post...oh well, better late than never, right? Hope so!

I’m officially more than halfway through this pregnancy...which makes me both excited and nervous all at the same time. I’m sure that most other Mothers our there completely understand that statement. Totally excited to make it past the halfway mark safely, and healthy (both Mom and baby), really super excited to meet this little one...and scared to death at the changes that are coming.

Anyway, week twenty-two. Good things happened this week - I finally “popped” out and officially look pregnant! Everyone that I know is telling me this now, and B is SUPER excited that I finally look like I’m carrying his child...and no longer just sporting a “few” extra pounds around the middle! Check it out for yourself...
What did I tell you? I seriously feel like my stomach alone grew two inches this week...and there were a few days there that I know it was growing because I was so uncomfortable...tightness, weight around the middle dragging me down, lower back pain...you name it, I had it this past week. What do you think - do you agree with the others? Or think that I still lack a bit to be truly "popped"?

As far as what’s going on with Ziggy? Let’s check in on him – babycenter.com says that he’s 11 inches now (the length of a spaghetti squash!) and weighs almost one whole pound. He’s starting to look like a miniature newborn, with his lips, eyelids and eyebrows becoming more distinct...and he’s even developing baby teeth beneath his gum line (just the tooth buds). His eyes have formed, but his irises still lack pigment right now. His entire body is covered now by a fine layer of lanugo, which will stay with him until he adds a padding of fat to fill in his deep wrinkles.

That’s a lot going on for a squash! Wow.

I can definitely tell that he’s put on some length this week...the kicks and nudges are getting harder and more predictable. There’s definitely a pattern emerging here, and B is pumped that he can feel about 75% of the movements now that I can feel. It’s really special to share this with someone, and when we get into bed at night is usually the time that we lay there watching TV or reading our books with B laying his hand on my belly to feel Ziggy’s antics for a bit before he settles in for the night.

We also took the time to go and make our baby registry at Babies R Us this past weekend...I’ve got a few things to talk about regarding that, so I’ll save that for another post. But I feel better for having it done, and it’s finished for the most part, except for some “fine-tuning” that I’d like to do to the list...B got a LITTLE zap-happy with the registry gun! Let’s just say that I got quite a few surprises when I opened it up online yesterday...lots of things that I certainly don’t remember picking out! But it was fun to go and do together, and we made a “date night” out of it and went for dinner and ice cream while we were out. We’re trying to enjoy the few “kid free” nights that we have now, as we know that all of that comes to an end in 4 more months...

That’s about it for today...hopefully I’ll get my thoughts together on some of the registry stuff and other posts that I’ve started but not finished lately...talk to you soon!

No comments: