Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Go Hug a Veteran!


It's Veteran's Day y'all...in case you somehow missed it.  I don't know how you could...my commute was a breeze this morning, my office building is mostly deserted (as two floors of our office are government offices) and everywhere that I like to eat is offering FREE meals to Veteran's today.  But maybe you didn't know...so now you do.

In all seriousness, this is a special day.  The men and women of our armed forces sacrifice so much...their time, their service, time away from their own families and sometimes they make the ultimate sacrifice with their lives.  All in order to protect us and our ideals and bring the freedom that we have across the world.  In places where it's not always welcomed.  And they're not always welcomed.  They stand on that line day after day, enduring things that you and I can't even imagine...I don't have what it takes to be a service-woman, I'll be the first to admit it.  But I love a service-man.  He sacrficed for our country and deserves my respect. 

They all deserve our respect.  No matter which war they served in, or if they were lucky enough to compelte their entire service during a peaceful time...I can't say thanks enough.  The least that I can do is offer my thanks verbally to all that I see today and give my own special Veteran a hug! 

I hope that you can do the same...

No comments: