Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

OK. Now It’s Just Comical!

Seriously. I can’t catch a break here people. Our house is STILL sick. Just when one of us starts feeling better, someone else comes down with something.  Let me illustrate for you:

Last week, Brent and I were sick with the crud during the first part of the week.

I felt better first, then Brent.

Immediately upon me uttering the words "I feel better today" Jax got sick and the doctor diagnosed him with croup/bronchiolitis.

We get all the way better, and Jax slowly improves on the breathing treatments.  He's not well, but he's not sickly-sick.

For the past two days, Jax has been really particular about his formula. Since he weighs in at nearly SIXTEEN pounds, you can probably tell that he’s a healthy eater, to put it nicely. We call him Chunk. Well, I guess the congestion and all has messed up his little tummy because the formula is suddenly not that good anymore. I mean, it’s good for the first 2-3 ounces and then no good anymore. Which means that instead of dropping a feeding as he gets older and starts eating rice cereal in the evenings, he’s now ADDING a feeding at night since he only drains one bottle during the night and gets picky for the rest of the night.

Bless his heart.

Then today…oh today. Today I got up and went to work. Today my son went to day care for the first time in a week. Today was supposed to be a good day.

But today, Brent woke up with a fever. And a sore throat.  Yep, he went to the VA and he’s got strep.

We really can’t catch a break…

And there’s really nothing else to do at this point except laugh. I’ve already used up all of my tears in the trial that was last week (taking care of a sick baby while you yourself are sick). So today…I laugh.

And pray.

Pray that I don’t get strep. Pray that Jax doesn’t get strep. Thank the good Lord that we weren’t planning on travelling for Thanksgiving anyway, because we’d be cancelling those plans right about now. And most of all, I pray that my husband gets better soon. I need help during the evenings and nights and he can’t give it with strep throat, you know?

So think some good thoughts for me. Send some positive energy my way, if you have some to spare. If you’re dealing with your own house of sickness, then go ahead and be selfish and keep it for yourself…Lord knows that I understand!  Maybe I'll stay well this time around and can at least keep you all entertained with blog posts...you know, you can laugh at my pain...because I'm sure to someone other than me this sort of has to be just a little bit funny.

2 comments:

Brandi Hudack said...

I'm so sorry :( I hope you all get to feeling better soon. I'll send lots of heathy vibes your way.

Pamela Fagan Hutchins said...

Sending that positive energy right now, Sandy....
Bless your heart, all of you.