Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Miracle of Birth

I see this picture...taken just days after he was born.

He's so small that the "coming home" outfit that we bought him just swallows him whole.

Now, nearly three weeks old, and almost a pound and a half heavier, I wonder...how did you really fit inside of me? I mean, really...can someone tell me how that was possible?

I thought that by looking at some pictures of him in the hospital that it would make more sense to me and seem more possible. Maybe it was more possible then becuase my stomach was still flabby and puffy from giving birth (not that it's rock hard or anything now, I'm just saying).

But even looking at these pictures of how small he was, I still marvel at the beauty and miracle of birth. Isn't it phenomenal?

No comments: