Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Midnight Adventures of a Pregnant Woman...

Want to know where I was this morning at almost 4am???

Nope, not the couch because I coudln't sleep again...

And no, not in bed sleeping - that was WAY too obvious!

Let me give you a hint...yummy deliciousness...in the form of breakfast items...and since it was 4am, obviously a place that's open all night...

Yep, IHOP - the Internation House of Pancakes. At 4am. When normal people are sleeping. Unless you're a college kid (we saw some leaving as we got there) and you've been out drinking and having some greasy food before falling into bed. Not that I know that that's what you do after a night of drinking/dancing...it's been a LONG time!

You see, B is working his new job and likes it alot...except for the schedule. But beggars can't be choosers is what my momma always said, and you take the hours/schedule that you're given for now and make the best of things. His shift last night was from 2pm-10pm. He got home around 10:30pm and I was just barely still awake to talk to him for a minute. Working nights, which some of you might know something about, leaves you one of two things: tired, like dead on your feet...or wired. Last night he was wired. Couldn't go to sleep.

So he talked to me for a few minutes and then headed back downstairs to try to relax and unwind in front of the TV for a little while. Except that a little while turned into 2am trying to creep into bed. And when you have a bedroom door that squeaks...it tends to wake up any sleeping occupants in the room, which it did. So we talked for a little bit...and then what happened?

Oh, you-know-who woke up and decided that it was time for another disco tournament to be held in my belly. I decided that he must be hungry, but it's got to be 3am at this point...so I tried to tell myself that I wasn't really hungry. And that worked...until B mentioned something along the lines of going to IHOP for a "midnight" snack.

So that's what we did. We were both awake, neither of us had to work today, which meant that we could sleep in to make up for being up for several hours during the middle of the night...and off we went. We split one of those big breakfast meals - he took the hash brown casserole stuff and eggs and I ate the pancakes with a side of ham...YUMMY!

Then we cruised on home and went to sleep. Except that while he fell right to sleep this time, I (and baby after all that syrup!) were wide awake for a little longer. We eventually fell back asleep though and were really lazy and stayed in bed until 10am. It was nice. Both sleeping late and doing something a little "crazy" like that.

We had fun...it was something that we've never done before...and it was YUMMY! Double score!! B thought that it was especially fun since he considers this my first middle-of-the-night craving where we had to go and get something right then. I think that he's exagerrating a bit, but whatever. He thought it was cool, and I got to eat pancakes with strawberry syrup. Everyone wins!

Have you had any midnight cravings yet? What's the weirdest thing that you've just HAD to have?

No comments: