Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Twenty-three Weeks

How do the weeks fly by so fast? Oh that’s right...it’s month end...and I do some work in accounting, which means long hours for me! But the great news is that even if I had to work last Friday, I get this Friday off in return...and with my doctor’s appt tomorrow, this week should FLY by!

But enough about me and my work schedule...here’s what is happening this week with my little Ziggy (according to babycenter.com). They tell me to turn on some tunes and sway along to the music – with his sense of movement well developed by now, he can feel me dance! And now that he’s more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about the size of a large mango), you might start to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing and the sounds that his increasingly keen ears pick up on are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises are becoming familiar now...such as dogs barking or a vacuum cleaner running – recognizing these sounds now will make him less fazed by them when he’s outside the womb.

Babycenter.com said that his sense of movement is developing well right now...remember this post about the party? Yeah, now that’s making a LOT of sense! Not only can he tell when I’m moving, but he can tell when I’m NOT moving...it’s like a little clue to him to start moving around. Maybe to offset my lack of activity? Who knows...but it’s more and more apparent that he likes moving best when I’m either laying down or sitting still at my desk. I remember this about my first pregnancy too, though, so I’m not as alarmed as I was the first go round.

Here’s the belly shots...getting bigger.
I happen to not be in a maternity shirt during these shots, but I officially stepped out one day this week in FULL maternity gear – pants AND shirt! It was a milestone, let me tell you. And those shirts that aren’t gathered in close to your body SURE do make you seem bigger! Wow.
And I don't know how or why, but my belly looks SO much bigger looking down at it...hmmm...

I’m feeling good this week. Starting to miss about one night each week of sleep...getting ready for the little one’s arrival? Maybe. Maybe not. But it’s not too bad at this point. Heartburn has become a friend of sorts...there are now Tums in my house, my car and my desk...I go nowhere without them as I never know what’s going to set it off.

We’re finishing up the tile job in the house...which is exciting. Maybe that means that I’ll be ready to concentrate on the nursery more once that’s done...I can’t wait to have my dishwasher back!

Other than that? Not much going on this past week...except that I’ll share this with you. When I was taking the pictures of my belly, my daughter came upstairs right in the middle. Like any 7-year-old, she wanted to know what I was doing. Thrilled beyond belief at the thought that I take a picture of my belly each week to see how it grows, she INSISTED that I take a picture of her too...so blog world, here’s my daughter...just clean and fresh out of her shower. She’s SUPER excited to be picked up at school tomorrow and going along with B and I to our monthly doctor’s visit. I’ve told her not to expect too much...but she’s really, really, really excited all the same...like really excited. At least she’ll get to hear the heartbeat and meet the doctor...maybe it will relieve some of her fears? I hope so...

Catch you later this week!




No comments: