Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Survived...

We started day care today...albeit a little later than I had intended since that pesky tropical storm hit central Texas and I tried to "wait out" the weather. No such luck, and we pressed on even through the torrential downpour!



Jax went into day care asleep, but of course, by the time that I had talked the teachers' ears off and told them every last little detail regarding my precious baby boy, he was awake again and looking around eagerly. He was happy and content when I left him...oh, if only Mama was too!

source

I did good though. I did NOT cry inside the day care. Yes, my voice cracked once, but no tears were actually shed. I did cry when I got into my car, and I called my Mom...because you know, Moms make everything better! Plus, I sort of thought that Brent would laugh at me since I've been counting down the days for the last week...



I have to admit to some silliness on my part. You see, I actually thought that since I've done this before, that this time around it would be easier. You know, easier to trust someone else to do as good of a job as I do. Easier to turn around and walk out that door, knowing that you're going to be more than "just a few steps away." Just easier period. But no, it really wasn't. I mean, I didn't cry buckets, just a few small tears that only lasted about 5 minutes or so, but still. Tears were shed.



And Jax? Oh, he was fine when I left. Went right to Miss R, one of the teachers. No problemo, Mom. I guess I'm the basket-case for worrying so much. You do your best to find the best place/person to care for your child while you're at work, you do all the research, you take all the tours, but in the end it just comes down to trust. Trusting them to care for and love your child as you would in your absence.



I can gladly say that Jenna spent her entire childhood in day care. From six weeks on, she was in some church group, day care facility or home center with someone that thought of her as their "other" daughter. And she turned out fine! No problems what-so-ever. So, maybe I'm not as nervous as I was the first time around, but it's still a LOT harder than I was expecting it to be.



All of this, and I'm just leaving him there for half days this week and next week! Oh man...I better get a grip before the dreaded 17th arrives and I have to leave him ALL DAY LONG!!!



I will admit that it's nice to hear my house this quiet...mentioning which, maybe I should take advantage of that and take a nap! Talk to you later...

No comments: