Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What in the World?!?!

I really don’t know what’s going on in the world of fashion right now. Wait. Let me back up and start over. I am NOT a fashion guru or fashionista in any way, shape, form or fashion (no pun intended). I shop at cheap places like JCP, Target, Kohl’s and Ross. Those are MY go-to places for new shoes, dresses, work clothes and new purses. And yes, I do love me some BOGO.

That’s just who I am. I make no excuses for it, and I don’t pretend to be “up” or “hip” to the current fads. And typically I don’t speak out about them, but in doing a search today for some new shoes, I came across something that I just can’t keep quiet about any longer. Here’s what I saw:


source


Now, can I just ask – what the HELL is that?!?! It’s not a shoe. It’s not a boot. All I can definitely say that it might be is ugly. Like really ugly. Of course that’s just my opinion and doesn’t mean much…you might really like those, think that they’re the next best thing or already own them. If you do, then more power to you for being able to pull them off. I think that it would definitely take a special person to wear those appropriately.

The only thing that I can ask…would you pair them with JEGGINGS? I second my friend Brandi’s comments that she made to me one day…there’s seriously NOT a better name for those jean-type leggings??? The best name that the fashion world could come up with was jeggings??? I get it. They look totally comfy. Great idea. But the name just leaves a bad taste in my mouth…I don’t know. Maybe I’m the weird-o.


Are you down with the new half boot- half sandal – half mule shoes? Or do you wonder about them too?

No comments: