Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Operation Clean-Out the Closet

Is a HUGE success! And it only took me two days...well, one day for the actual closet and a couple of hours of another day for the dresser drawers that are not inside my closet. Either way, a resounding success.

Would you like to see some pictures? Oh yeah, I was proud of myself so you know that I remembered to take some! Here's the overall picture...

Don't worry, I did go back and clean off the top of that dresser there in front of the window...even though those were NOT my clothes!

You think that it doesn't look that different??? Here, let's take a closer look, shall we? We can do some Before and After shots, ok? Here's the overall look Before...

Here's After...

A closer look at the Before pile o' shoes...

And After...

Was there a top shelf Before picture? Hmmm, nope, don't see one. Oh well, here's the after! And check out how much SPACE there is on my hanging clothes now...

Can you tell that I'm proud of myself or what?!?! I worked HARD! You can see the floor on my side of the closet...I got rid of clothes that I haven't worn since I moved in here, and those that I will never fit into again after two children...I neatly organized all of my PWA stuff, and like I said before all of this doesn't even cover what I did on my dresser drawers!

Mentioning getting rid of clothes, check out this mountain of clothes that I have set aside to donate!

Those stacks filled up two garbage bags. And here's a whole other stack of just maternity clothes!

They're in a different bag, because they're NOT going to the charity that's coming around collecting clothes next week. I also threw away 5 or 6 pairs of nasty shoes, and finally purged all my purses that I've been hanging onto like we women tend to do...I did shed a small tear over one of two of them!

But check out how many hangers I know have available to me...

Now, maybe I won't feel bad about doing that post-baby shopping, since I have somewhere to put it all!

I'm SO glad that it's done. So check that one off of my list of things-to-do with what's left of my maternity leave...on to the next challenge!

No comments: