Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Meeting of PWA

In case you've forgotten, PWA stands for Projects Whores Anonymous. It's a club that I proudly sit in the President's chair for...I'm not ashamed.

And the project bug hit me pretty hard this past week. I wrote here about this project that I really fell in love with. For one thing, they would be made completely from scraps of material that I already owned, having only to buy the batting. Cheap = lovely in my book these days as we prepare for another mouth to feed around this house! And for another thing, I knew that it wouldn't be a long-term commitment...you know, in case I got interrupted in the middle of the project for a little thing called labor.

Much to my dismay that didn't happen though! I was able to start and finish this project all in one afternoon, then a nap, and then the sewing in the evening. Because that's how my energy level is at this point!

So here's the final result:
And some close ups since I did them all a bit differently. I did the first ones following the instructions letter for letter. Even though with the miracles of modern cameras, I see how clearly not straight my lines are! But if anyone other than me ever noticed or pointed that out, I'd give them a reward...
Then I got a little "wild and crazy" and decided to mix things up a bit on the quilting portion of the project...
Oh yeah, it's just one wild party around our house right now! LOL!

Of course now that I see that this is something that can be compelted start to finish in less than an hour and a half (depending on how badly you may or may not slice open your finger with your rotary blade!), I want to make more. Plus, I can see that 6 coasters in a house is NOT nearly enough. I need some at the kitchen table. One on my nightstand. Another for Brent's nightstand. Then a couple for the little table that sits between our recliners. And last, but not least, some spares to have for the actual coffee table.

Yep, more MUST be made!

No comments: