Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sneaky, Sneaky Mommy!

So, I tried to sneak a fast one by baby boy today. I tried to convince him that it would be MORE fun outside of my belly rather than inside of my belly. I tried all that I could to cajole, tease and bribe him out of my belly.

I even went to the hospital in hopes that he would recognize my urgency and help me out a little bit.

Nah, that's not really true. I mean, I did go to the hospital where I plan on giving birth. But I didn't visit the maternity wing, although I looked longingly at the doors and even gave Jax a good, firm nudge from the outside of my belly.

Do you think that worked?

Yeah, I didn't really think that it would work either. But I figured that it was worth a try.

He did nudge me back. Painfully. In the ribs along the right side of my body. I didn't laugh.

In all seriousness, we got a call that my MIL had been taken to the hospital this morning. She's been sick for about a week with a bad sinus infection, but nothing too serious. Therefore, you can imagine my alarm to hear that she was now in the hospital. After taking Jenna home, I went up to the hospital to check on her and see what was going on. Unfortunately, I went at a time when MIL was having a long test (it lasted an hour and a half) so I had to turn around and go home. I went back once Brent got off of work so that we could both check on her.

It turns out that they're keeping her overnight and tomorrow for observation. They don't really know what's wrong with her. She's diabetic and her blood sugar levels are off the charts right now. Along with stomach pain, intestinal troubles (don't want to share too much TMI) and just overall feeling faint and not well. At this point, they think that it's an infection in her intestines. Once the doctors can narrow down what type of infection, they'll know how to treat it and can proceed from there. But since they haven't determined anything yet, it's all still up in the air.

The good news is that she's feeling better. And her RN, Natalie, was encouraging her to get better because it looks like she needs to be in the hospital visiting the maternity ward, not as a patient in her own room. Apparently, Natalie thought that I was just about to pop, but maybe she was just judging by looking at my belly button! Who knows? But that's what both FIL and MIL said to me - "We both thought the next trip to a hospital would be to meet Jax!"

I assured them that I was having the same thoughts! I thought the next time that I was in a hospital would be birthing this baby. But two seperate trips up there today didn't convince the little guy to come on out.

Oh well. That concludes day #4,972. Luckily, I go see the doctor tomorrow. Maybe she'll have better news for me this week? I, for one, am NOT getting my hopes up!

No comments: