Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Some Birth Pictures

While I don't know that I'm up to telling the birth story just yet...maybe in the next day or so...I can share some of the photos with you. Now, I'll warn you before I show these to you. There's an important element missing in 99% of these photos - ME!

Apparently, after getting through the whole experience that made up Jax's birth I did NOT want any photos taken of me and I was VERY vocal about expressing my wishes. I'm sure that there are some pictures that include me from other family members, but I don't have access to those just yet. So, these are the pictures that my friend T took for me with our camera.

Hope you enjoy, and if you look real close at one or two of the shots, you might see my arm...first up, the proud Daddy gets to meet his son for the first time...
While proud grandparents look on...
These are all of my parents - Mom, Dad, Step-Dad and Step-Mom...
Doesn't he look just in awe of his little guy?
Grammy (my Mom) gets her turn at holding Jax...while Dad looks on looking not too happy about having to share!
And the first texts start going out...
Here's the bed where I labored on from 7pm to 6am...without me in there...told you that I wasn't in these pictures!
Grammy passes Jax off to Gigi (my step-mom)...
Then it's back to Daddy...for some more cuddling...
One of the BEST nurses, Becky, puts our ID tags onto Brent and Jax...
My step-sister gets her turn at being an Aunt again!
And then "Aunt" T gets her turn...
I'm not really sure, but I think that at this point Jax is fairly bored with all the "paparazzi" photos and the whole scene...
My Dad gets his turn...
As does my step-dad...
That look right here...that's love, folks!
He really, really doesn't want to, but Brent has to give up Jax for a minute so that he can get weighed, measured and all cleaned up...
After Jax was all cleaned up, the nurses were ready to move the party into a regular room and out of the L&D room that we'd been in all night...stay tuned for some pictures of that - Brent gets to change his first poopy diaper and that's where you MIGHT see my elbow, if you look real close!

No comments: