Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jenna!!!

I’m a big, fat cry-baby. And I’m really ok with that fact. I’ve accepted it, admitted that I have a problem, and no I’m not seeking help for it.

You see, today my baby turned 8 years old…And I cried when I called to wish her happy birthday. I would say that it has more to do with the fact that I don’t have her today (on her birthday)…but then my Mom would read this post and totally call me out on that lie. She would ruthlessly remind me that last week during our baby shower, when everyone gathered around and sang “Happy Birthday” to Jenna, I burst into tears then too…and she was right beside me.

Could I blame the pregnancy and all those hormones racing through my body? Yes, I could. But someone else might call me on that one. You know, someone that sits beside me on the couch while we watch a totally-not-sad movie as tears stream down my face…yeah.

So I’ll just own up to it and say that I’m a cry-baby.

But regardless, this precious beauty turned 8 years old today.At exactly 5:02pm she was born and my life changed forever. All for the better. And here I am, eight years later about to do it all over again. There’s a special place in your heart for all of your children, I firmly believe that…and this one, my first holds a SUPER special place.She’s kind, loving, wonderful, funny, smart, and SO many more things.But I have to quit now because I just teared up writing that…

By the way, I tried to explain to her this morning that she wasn’t officially 8 years old until 5:02pm tonight and she didn’t get it…maybe it’s too early for that one, Mom?

Happy Birthday Jenna!

No comments: