Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

The Rest of the Story...

...Man! Did anyone else have a Paul Harvey flashback or what?!?! I sure did...

Anyway, so I promised to let you see the results of the rest of our evening of hard work yesterday, and despite evidence to the contrary I try to keep my word.

Unfortunately, you won't get to see as much evidence of my insanely great photography skills since I was getting the "evil eye" from my hubby at the amount of pictures that I was taking. In fact, to be honest, I think that I actually got asked this question: "You're NOT going to take as many pictures of this one, are you?" Except that it wasn't really a question, if you know what I mean... :)

So here goes. We also purchased the Expedite bookshelf while we were at IKEA the other day, like I already mentioned...and here's what it looked like out of the boxes (yes, there were THREE boxes for such an uncomplicated bookshelf!)...
And the parts, such as they are...
In fact, that's all of the pictures that I have until the final steps. (Insert sad face here)
It looks REALLY big laying on the floor! Then Brent used his big man muscles and stood it upright...
Just double checking his work...
So once we slid it into the right spot and got it all in place, this is what it will look like walking into our room...
Minus the couch with the tired-looking boy sitting on it, of course!And then to round the end of the bookshelf, you'll come to the "entrance" of Jax's room...
We actually had a few more parts left over from this installation, just because we chose not to anchor it to the wall just yet. I want to be sure about where it's going before doing that step!
And the next day, the kids helped me unpack the four boxes of books that I had in our bedroom and load up the shelf, so this is what it will really look like.
I'm actually still looking for some maroon-colored curtains to hang on the back of the bookshelf to make it more like a wall...but BB&B didn't have anything that I really liked when I checked there tonight. Of course not, that would be too easy, right? Yeah, but it works like this for now.

So there you have it...most of Jax's nursery is put together and all. Yes, we still need to paint the trim in the room, redo the baseboards and hang the crown molding...along with the artwork and blanket that came with Jax's bedroom set, but the really big hard stuff is done. After my shower this weekend, I'll start washing all of the baby clothes and putting stuff away into the dresser and making it ready for him to come home to. I can't wait!

No comments: