Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thirty-Five Weeks

Here we are at that big milestone of 35/35 – for those of you who might not know, that’s 35 weeks and 35 days left. Although if you ask me, I don’t think that I’ve really got 35 days left. But that’s just my opinion. There’s been a lot going on this past week, and yes, I’m a few days late on my pictures and my posting, but I’ll do my best to catch you up.

According to babycenter.com, Jax doesn’t have much room left in which to maneuver in now that he’s over 18 inches long and weighs in at a whopping 5.25 pounds (think honeydew melon). Because it’s so snug in my womb, he isn’t likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times that he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed at this point (yea!) and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete – he’ll just spend the next few weeks putting on weight.



It’s crazy to me to think that my uterus grows and expands until it reaches just underneath my rib cage. It’s not supposed to be that high, so it makes perfect sense to me that women have a baby “pooch” after having kids. I did what I consider to be a courageous act just yesterday. After the shower, the girls spent the night and we went shopping for the remaining baby items that I absolutely needed to get before Jax makes his appearance, and we stopped off at the local Outlet Mall. While there, we went into the Victoria’s Secret store and they had some really cool jeans on sale for $14.99 – so I bought a pair. In my pre-pregnancy size. I told Brent that I was calling them my “I hope” jeans – you know, for “I hope” that I can get my fat a** into them after birthing this baby! LOL!

And just to make my point a little clearer, here are my weekly belly shots. Can you tell that he’s dropping lower with each passing day?
I can tell, that’s for sure. I’m still having contractions, but they’ve subsided and I wasn’t having as many this past week. Now, having said that, on Sunday the pains/contractions that I was having over the past few weeks changed in their nature. They’re sharper, more intense and not at all like cramps. Maybe that’s the “lightening” as my boy descends lower into my pelvis to prepare to enter the birth canal and make his appearance. Of course, the doctor doesn’t want to meet him just yet, so I’m doing my best to stay off of my feet and rest. I will be honest and admit that I didn’t do a lot of resting over the weekend, but I did before the weekend and now that the weekend is over that’s all that I’m doing.

I haven’t had any major complaints really about sleeping. Then I went and jinxed myself apparently, because this past week has been really hard to get a good night’s sleep. I thought that it had something to do with me being on partial bed rest and laying down most of each afternoon. But then, I didn’t take a nap on Friday, Saturday or Sunday and I still slept like poo, so my theory didn’t hold much water.

I’ve watched a lot of tv. I’ve read two or three books. I’ve done a lot of crossword puzzles. And I have played so many hands of Canfield on my iPhone that I just have to put it down. And not pick it back up. I’ve been surfing the net a lot, and that helps to pass the time. So if you know of a really good blog that I should be reading, leave me a comment. I’m keeping my Reader so clean that I feel like I can add a few to it. Help a girl out!

So that’s about it for now. We go back to the doctor on Thursday – can’t wait! Not really, but I thought that if I wrote in an excited tone that maybe that tone would convey on to my actual feelings – maybe it’ll work, maybe it won’t.

No comments: