Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Putting the Nursery Furniture Together...

I think that I mentioned that we had a busy weekend…didn’t I mention that? Well, if I didn’t already mention it…we did! With my baby shower just one short week away, and me conveniently placed on partial bed rest…we needed a nice, productive weekend under our belts. I’ll let you be the judge to see if we got it or not…

I wrote here about getting the nursery furniture the weekend before last. Well, with Brent starting his new job last week, there was no chance for us to work on getting the dresser assembled during the week, or even getting the boxes moved upstairs even…poor boy was TIRED! With that in mind, we made it a point to start on this project bright and early Saturday morning.

Brent and Tanner toted the boxes up the stairs…and proceeded to unpack the various parts and pieces.

I was downstairs working on something else. Then I heard a shout from above that they might need some help…and I came to the rescue.

Look, this is my story and if I want to be the heroine, then I can! LOL!

Anyway, I was put in charge of these…

and this lovely book of instructions which contain almost NO words what-so-ever…just pictures.

Good thing that I’m so super-duper smart and can accurately depict what I’m seeing on paper to the two worker boys! That picture is also proof (Mom) that my spot was on the couch with the book of “destructions” and all of the various parts. Would that make me the parts-giver-outer person? Just wondering…

I was also in charge of taking pictures…yes, that was a self-appointed position…one that quickly annoyed SOMEONE. (not me)

Anyway, so these piles of pieces are what we started with…and the boys quickly got to work. Before I knew it, the skeleton of the dresser was quickly coming together.


Then it was time to stand it all up…

And put on the top of the dresser…

Which was BY FAR the most difficult step of the entire process. Brent was SO frustrated during this one little step…word of warning to those others that might be looking to get the Hemnes dresser. It did all eventually get put on, but it took some hard work from Brent.

Doesn’t he do good work?

Next, it was time to put the drawers together.

Can you tell that he’s getting a little annoyed by all of the pictures? This was easier, since they all mostly went together in the exact same manner, just with varying number of screws and other parts. Before I knew it, we were sliding in drawers…

And then it seemed like 15 minutes passed and the drawers were all finished.

Here is the finished product!

Didn’t I tell you that my man did great work? Tanner did an amazing job of helping too, and this was a great time to teach him some handy skills that he’ll use later in life. And not to toot my own horn or anything, but I did a FANTASTIC job of direction and handing out the right parts, as this was all that was left over…

We slid the dresser into its spot where we were thinking that it would go, and I have to admit that it looks really nice against the wall color. And I LOVE Brent’s idea to match the trim in the room (including crown molding) to the dresser stain…I'll show you what we found as soon as I remember to stop at the store and get a sample can...

Last, but not least, we opened up the lamp that matches Jax’s bedding set and placed it on the dresser. Check out how CUTE it is…


But wait! It gets better! Since we finished THAT piece of furniture in record IKEA time, we moved on to the bookshelf…but I’ll keep you in suspense about how it turned out until tomorrow! I know, I hear you…I’m SO mean!

No comments: