Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thirty One Weeks

Another week gone by…and my belly just keeps on growing! I know, I know – this isn’t something that should shock me or anything…but still. I’m down into single digit weeks left, and I have to say that it’s starting to become more real. That really sounds ludicrous to say, but hopefully you know what I mean. It’s getting close people!

According to babycenter.com, little Jax measures over 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3 pounds (think 4 navel oranges) and he’s heading into a growth spurt! (Watch out stomach!) He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs and body are beginning to plump up a but as fat accumulates underneath his skin. He’s probably moving a lot too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby’s kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: all of this activity is a sign that your baby is healthy and active.


Yes, in my head I know that it’s a good thing to be poked, kicked and jabbed all night long…but when that alarm goes off at 5:30am, sometimes it’s hard to feel grateful! I’m just being honest…

And they’re right – the activity has definitely increased this past week…Jax moves almost constantly during certain periods of the day and then sleeps for long periods of time too. His movements are big movements now (could be running out of room in there too!) and you can clearly see them all through my shirts. The other night I was dozing off and Brent was just fascinated watching his antics as I laid there trying to go to sleep. I actually went to sleep and woke up about 15-20 minutes later and Brent’s hand was still on my belly because Jax had just been blowing and going that whole time. His words to me? “I don’t know how you can sleep…he’s REALLY moving and kicking!” You think? Well, it’s easier to sleep through it all when you’ve only gotten three hours of sleep the past two nights and full days in between…

Here are my belly shots for the week…I forgot to do the front shot, so you’ll have to be ok with these...
I swear that it looks bigger in person – I must have a magic camera that takes away weight!

I’m feeling all right this week. Well, truthfully, this hasn’t been the best of weeks for me. Not to sound too whiny or like I’m complaining, but my back’s been acting up again, the heartburn has been horrible, I’m sleeping less and therefore a “bit” more irritable and short-tempered. I just overall haven’t felt good. Not bad enough to stay home…not bad enough to stay down once I get there…just not good. I don’t know if that makes sense.

I started taking the iron pills that my doctor wanted me to take this week, and I honestly thought that I might see a boost in my energy levels from it. Not that I had really noticed if I was “dragging” or not before, but I can’t say that I’ve seen a difference. She wanted me to take them at night so it would be easier on my stomach, but I noticed those first few nights that I took it, Jax was REALLY active those nights…so I’ve switched to taking them in the morning with my prenatal vitamin. That’s working better for me. And just to be on the safe side, I added a fiber pill (or half of one) to my daily regimen sometime during the day to help with the constipation that taking iron causes. So far, so good.

I’ve got a busy week ahead of me. It’s month end time for me at work, which is always stressful and busy. It took a lot out of me last month, so I’m expecting this month to be worse. But the good news is that I’m training others to do my stuff this month in anticipation of my upcoming maternity leave – so that’s exciting! Maybe not doing the actual work will help…

In addition to a busy work week, I’m travelling home this holiday weekend to visit one last time before the big arrival and for my family to throw me a baby shower! I’m excited for that, but it’s a long drive and Brent couldn’t get the time off of work to go along with me…since it’s a holiday weekend and he works in retail. Hopefully having the extra day will make the trip easier on me…and I don’t plan on pushing it too hard. Or trying not to, anyway. But I’m looking forward to a great weekend with family and LOTS of yummy food!!! That’s always news to a pregnant woman’s ears! LOL!

Do you have big plans for this holiday weekend?

No comments: