Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Twenty Nine Weeks

Wow – what a weekend! It was non-stop whirlwind of activity between Thursday afternoon and ran that way up until yesterday when I finally took a break. But I gotta tell you, that “nesting” phase is really starting to hit me...Brent would laugh at me if he was aware of all the closet cleaning and straightening up I’ve been doing while he’s at work. Working opposite shifts has it’s advantages and disadvantages, I suppose! But it hit me hard this week to start organizing things and getting the nursery space ready in our house...and it extended beyond the nursery space into J’s room...my closet...the desk...just everywhere! Which is a good thing!

In the meantime, I’m getting larger...Jax is doing his job and growing! He’s also been REALLY active this week...just having little parties and get togethers down there or something. I call him my little dancer because there are just days (like tonight) where he’s been constantly on the move, spazzing around in there for the last hour or two. Really exciting. Even more so when I snuggle up with my honey and Jax kicks him through my tummy! Brent gets a “kick” out of it – literally and figuratively!

According to babycenter.com, Jax is growing rapidly now. This weeks he weighs about 2.5 pounds (the size of a butternut squash) and is just over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are maturing, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his ever growing brain. Every day, about 200 mg of calcium is deposited into his skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it’s no surprise that Jax’s nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.

Wait…what was that? Oh, that’s right. Somehow the third trimester snuck up on me! Wow. Time really does fly!

I guess my growing belly should have clued me in though...check out this week’s belly pictures!
Getting bigger, that’s for sure. And oh yeah, my belly button is officially an outie now, according to Brent. I still say that it’s not all the way 100% out yet, but it’s showing through my clothes, which he says is what counts. He’s suck a stickler for details!

Ok – I’m keeping this one short and sweet...I’ll have to tell you about spending the day with my Mom another time...I’m getting sleepy now!

No comments: