Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Twenty Eight Weeks

Goodness...seven months already? Time flies and all...there are a lot of days when I look up and say “Really? I’m already at 7 months?!?!?” And then there are the rest of the days...just kidding. I’m enjoying this pregnancy, and for the most part can’t complain!

At twenty-eight weeks, babycenter.com says that Jax weighs 2.25 pounds now (about the size of a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can open and close his eyes, which now have lashes on them.

source

I had my BIG glucose test today…that’s a story all on it’s own…let’s sum it all up by saying that I wanted to slap the nurse, but knew that I couldn’t since she would be the one wielding sharp objects at me an hour later. Maybe I’ll post all about it another time. Right now, I’m pooped. Getting labwork done is NOT an easy thing for me, and this time was no different.

On the weight front, since I had my appt today at the same time, I was able to weigh in and see the doctor. You’ll be happy to know that I gained 5 pounds in the last month! The Dr was VERY happy to see that. As you can see from my chart below, my weight gain is still on the low side, but the Dr isn’t worried...as long as I’m finally gaining, she’s happy! I kind of thought with my increased appetite that the gain for this month would be a little bit more of a gain...but I’m happy with less. Who wouldn’t be? Everything else looked good. She did two new things this time…she measured my bump – I measured in at 29” from top to bottom, which she assured me is right on target. And she moved me to bi-monthly appointments, so I start seeing her once every two weeks for the next two months! That’s such a big step! Even Brent understands that this means that our time is drawing closer – he got ALL excited!

We don’t have another sonogram until 32 weeks, so no new pictures to share with you. Other than my belly pics, that is! Check out my growth this week...

And I got some comments about readers liking the frontal shot, so here’s another one of those...

All in all, Dr and I are happy with my progression…as long as that dang glucose test comes back ok! I definitely do NOT want to do the 3-hour test…not after the experience that today was!

Weight? 5 lb gain – marking a total of 9 poundsStretch marks? None yet. Starting to feel really tight though

Belly Button – innie/outie? I can honestly say that it’s BARELY an innie! In fact, when I laugh it’s an outie…and you can see the bump out starting through my shirts…so it’s almost an outie.

Movement? Lots and lots! Still mostly on the right side…and some of them are starting to carry some “oomph!” to them.

Swelling? Not really. My fingers sometimes when it’s really hot outside and I’m doing stuff…but as soon as I cool down it passes.

Contractions/Signs of Labor? None.

Other Issues? This waking up in the middle of the night to pee is starting to get annoying…especially when I can’t go back to sleep after the 3-4am pee break!

It's been a good week...tiring after my travels this past weekend, but a good week none-the-less. After a few nights of not sleeping well, I slept until 5:45am this morning, which was LATE for me! Especially lately. Looking forward to taking it easy this weekend, working on some sewing projects, cleaning up the house (yes, I'm looking forward to that!) and spending some time with my little ones on Mother's Day...Brent's been shopping around for a few days now, and I'm under VERY specific instructions to stay out of one particular room in our house...the penalties will be great if I don't obey the "rules" so I'm being good.

If you have any other questions for me…feel free to ask!

Now I have to let you go so that I can go to the bathroom…again…this is a steady routine these days!

No comments: