Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Thirty Weeks

Wow…where does the time go? I mean, they say that time passes more quickly the older that you get, but it feels like just yesterday that I was at twenty weeks. Then I went to sleep, woke up to pee, went back to sleep and then when I woke up I was already at thirty weeks. That’s how quickly the last ten weeks have seemed to pass. It’s really getting close now, at least it feels kinda scary when I tell people that I only have 10 more weeks…

I’m excited, anxious and scared all at the same time, if that’s possible. And any other pregnant woman will tell you that’s totally possible! Feeling more than 5 emotions at a time is part of the “joys” of pregnancy…there are definitely some symptoms/side effects that I won’t miss! That being one of them…moodiness being another. My wonderful husband tells me all the time that he doesn’t know what I’m talking about when I say that I’m bitchy or irritable…bless his heart. He really DOES know just what to say! But I’ve noticed an increase in my mood swings, not to mention my somewhat “hair trigger” annoyance factor have definitely increased this past week or two.

According to babycenter.com, my baby is now about 15.7 inches long, weighing almost three pounds – the size of a head of cabbage. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him now, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room. His eyesight continues to develop, though it’s not very keen right now; even after he’s born, he’ll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he’ll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision – which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face.

Babycenter.com also told me that I might start to experience “clumsiness” and feel as if I’m out of balance as my belly grows bigger. You think? Really? I would NEVER have guessed! They also advised me that now wasn’t the time to run to catch the bus…was there ever a good time for that? I’m just saying…

Let’s see. Since I’m seeing the doctor every other week now, the visit was short and sweet. She did tell me that I passed my glucose test, but my iron levels are on the low side. This happened when I carried Jenna as well, so I started on some OTC iron pills (yuck!) last night. My bump grew 3 cm since my last visit two weeks ago, putting me right on target, even though my weight is still on the low end. Overall, she’s happy with my progress and overall health condition and had no complaints with me this time.

Weight? 1 lb gain – marking a total of 10 pounds. See how CLOSE I'm getting to that bottom blue line?!?! Progress! She did tell me that they will really start to watch my weight gain/loss now and expect me to put on 1-1.5 pounds each week from here on out. I told her not to hold her breath!
Stretch marks? None yet. Still using my Palmer’s, so maybe it’s helping?
Belly Button – innie/outie? I think that we already addressed this issue, in this post. Click over if you can’t recall!
Movement? Constant movement most of the time. Although I’ve noticed a shift from the sharp jabs and punches/kicks…these seem to be more of stretches now. And Brent can spend hours staring at my “alien belly” as he moves around in there now. Really active when I first lay down at night.
Swelling? Doing good still here too.
Contractions/Signs of Labor? None.
Other Issues? Oh goodness, there’s just so much that isn’t covered. So many things that I wonder if I should share of if it’s TMI…you know, the normal stuff – discharge, peeing issues, occasional constipation…I think that I can quit here.

And here are my belly shots for the week. Growing more and running out of room, it seems! I bought a few more maternity clothes last weekend when I went shopping with my mom and thought ahead and bought them in a Large size…just to give me more room. (And also so that my outie doesn’t show as badly!)

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: